Tuesday, July 27, 2004

New Job update...

A day or so ago, I recieved an update about my new job here.  A lot of us are due to switch out and this is a part of the whole "officer career progression" ensuring that as soon as an officer gets good at his job, he gets moved.  Lol.  Anyway, most probably I will be going back to 2-82 FA to be an FDO.  For those who haven't been paying attention to my mini lectures, that's a Fire Direction Officer.  He is charge of the brains of the gun battery.  It's not the job I wanted, but it's a stepping stone to get to a Platoon Leader job.  The overwhelmingly good thing is that I'll most likely be working for the CPT who is my current boss.  (Not the company commander, but the Task Force FSO, who I get along with extremely well.  There are some downsides, like he knows me and what I'm capable of, which means I'll never be able to get away with anything, but, that'll be good.  The good things are that I know how he thinks and what he expects, so there won't be the normal confusion that comes with having a brand new boss.  So, I'm pretty excited.)  It looks like the switch will come sometime in mid-October when the senior first lieutenants become Captains and have to move out of their current jobs.  I'll definitely be glad to move, for reasons I can't really discuss using this forum.  And the other really cool thing is that we are probably going to be able to shoot our guns to qualify while we're here.  I can't wait to hear the sounds of friendly artillery.  Well, that's about all that's going on here.  It's been fairly quiet here this morning.  Well, except for 6 mortar rounds that impacted in the International Zone.   And I didn't even wake up for them.  I must be getting used to this.........   B

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new position.

Prov 22:29 Do you see a man who excels in his work? He will stand before kings; He will not stand before unknown men.

Annon2

Anonymous said...

Hey Brian....This is Kristie....hope everything is going well...been looking for an update! ;)Take care!!!

Darnell Clayton said...

Hmm...that is cool. Platoon leader. Are they the ones who go around shouting at the "privates?" (I'm not a military expert so forgive me). Selah!