Monday, June 28, 2004

SURPRISE!

I wake up this morning to the words "hey, they're turning over soverignty in like an hour. wake up." Lol. Which, of course, confused me so much cause I knew it wasn't Wednesday. But as I woke up, I realized that it was a fantastic idea. If it caught all of us off guard, it certainly caught all the bad guys off guard. Paul Bremer only knew 30 minutes before we did. In fact, I went to my normal monday meeting with the Iraqis in our area, and THEY didn't even know. I had to tell them. Hey, congrats. You're in charge of your country now. Enjoy!
They seemed all happy at first, but then, I think they realized all the things the Coalition was doing for them, they had to do now. For themselves! I'm pretty sure they wanted to give their soverignty back. Lol. Unfortunately, we're pretty sure the bad guys will still try to do lots of damage, but at least they can't impact the change in soverignty. That's the good thing. So, that's about all that's going on right now. Tomorrow should be a very interesting day. Stay tuned! B

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AWWWWWWWWWW MAN! No more party for my birthday? Shucks. I was really looking forward to the big bash you and the rest of the army were gonna have for me ;).
Actually I too think it was an EXCELLENT idea...and now I don't have to share my birthday with Iraq ;)

Love,
Jess