Monday, June 21, 2004

The best laid plans of mice and men......

Anon#2 got me thinking of another fun encounter with Iraqi Culture...My first day riding around with the unit we were to replace, they were telling us the small bits about meeting people here. As we rolled up to a house, they told us that if we wanted to drink the local water, it was our choice, that it didn't mess you up that bad. I just kind of shook my head. So we sit down, and the owner of the house brings out a pitcher or tap water and ONE glass. So, I'm kind of wondering where the other glasses are as the first guy takes the glass, drinks the water and hands it back to the host. He fills the glass back up and hands it to the next guy. And of course, I'm like the last guy in the line of people. Now, being new, I'm being really paranoid about offending people I've just met so, it comes my turn, I took the glass and drank a couple of sips. Hoping he would be offending, I handed the glass back and all was good! Well, not all was good about an hour later...but I think you can figure that one out on your own... B

No comments: